Monday, February 11, 2008

Bobby Cutts Jr. admits killing Jessie Davis

Bobby Cutts Jr. broke down in tears on the witness stand as he told jurors that he struggled with Jessie Davis and elbowed her in the throat the morning she died.

Cutts said he went to Davis' home early that morning to pick up his son Blake. He said asked Davis if she could get up to get Blake ready.

"She takes her time to get up," he said, so he helped her get up.

She was getting her bearings, but Cutts was in a hurry, urging her on.

"If you weren't out all night with your friends last night, you wouldn't be rushing me now," he quoted her as saying. "She said, 'quit rushing me,' and I said 'I'm not rushing you.'"

Cutts said he tried to leave.

"She stepped in front of me and grabbed me" by the shirt, he said."I pulled away from her."

She stepped in front of him again.

"I said you know what, I don't have to be here and you're taking your time," he said.

She grabbed him again, by the arm, pushing him back so he couldn't leave.

He said he put his finger up to his nose and put it in her face. She bit his finger.

"I didn't expect her biting me." He said the finger was a joke.

"I wasn't gong to wipe my nose on her," he said.

It was just a feint to move her out of the way. He started to sob as he described pulling his arm from her. He said he just wanted to leave, and in the struggle his elbow landed in the middle of her throat.

"She hit the ground," he said. "Harder than I expected."

Cutts said he tried to administer CPR.

0 comments: